We employ well-qualified and experienced people who combine rigorous analysis and creative thinking and design with commercial realism.
We employ trained ecologists, landscape consultants and heritage consultants to support our team of Chartered Architects, Chartered Town Planners and Urban Designers
We are always pleased to hear from those who are interested in becoming part of the Pro Vision team. If we do not have an immediate vacancy for your skills, we may keep your CV to contact you in the future. Please send CVs to our Winchester office addressed to our Head of Ecology, Dr Des Purdy for ecology positions, to Justin Packman for heritage positions and to Laura Cox for landscape positions.
Are you an enthusiastic and hard-working ecologist with proven consultancy experience, a passion for ecology and are comfortable dealing with clients? If so, then we would like to hear from you to take the lead of our Ecology team and services.
Pro Vision is an established and thriving company with a strong client base and workload. We are a multi-disciplinary practice comprising Ecologists, Planners, Architects and Urban Designers, working to achieve creative solutions to client expectations. This is a great opportunity for an ecologist looking to develop their career.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To lead and develop the Ecology consultancy team, including:
· Undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and Phase 2 Protected Species Surveys
· Overseeing survey design, implementation and production of mitigation strategies
· Completing EPS licence applications
· Reporting orally and in writing to a high standard
· Project management and planning, liaising with clients and other project team members internal and external
· Tendering and controlling project budgets
· Managing individuals and team performance
· Marketing and business development, building relationships with clients and other consultants
· Maintaining and developing professional knowledge
The successful applicant will ideally meet the following requirements:
· Relevant qualification - ecological, environmental or conservation qualification (NVQ, HND, Degree, or equivalent)
· Proven ecology consultancy experience
· Natural England Protected Species Bat Licence (Class 1)
· Natural England Protected Species Great Crested Newt Licence (Class1)
· Full valid driving licence and car owner
· Relevant higher degree – Masters or PhD
· Natural England Protected Species Bat Licence (Class 2)
· Qualified to act as Named Ecologist on EPSL applications
· CIEEM member, or eligible to apply for full membership
· A passion for wildlife conservation and UK wildlife species
· Enthusiasm, conscientiousness and a strong work ethic
· Commercially astute
· Self-motivated with good planning and organisational skills
· Foster a flexible approach to work and working hours
· Maintain high professional standards and safe methods of working
· A collaborative and pro-active approach to work with team members and other consultants
· Innovative and strong drive to succeed
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please send your CV to Christine Knowles at email@example.com
P V Ecology is an established Ecological Consultancy based near Winchester in pleasant rural offices. We are part of PV Projects Ltd, a multi-disciplinary planning, architecture and environmental practice. We have a wide client base and are currently working on a range of interesting projects across central southern England.
We require a talented and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join our team of consultants.
Applicants should hold a degree in ecology or a related subject, have post-graduation experience in ecology predominantly in a consultancy environment, and be experienced in habitat and field surveys, analysing and interpreting data and writing professional reports.
In addition, applicants should hold appropriate licences (a Bat Licence and Great Crested Newt Licence would be particularly advantageous) and should be able to demonstrate understanding of the consultant’s role and commercial competency. An understanding of the planning process and of appropriate mitigation strategies will be necessary.
The role will involve management duties including overseeing projects, organising and carrying out ecological surveys, and producing a range of reports. As a senior member of the ecology team the successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that advice and recommendations arising from surveys are communicated clearly to clients both verbally and by means of written reports.
Applicants will need to hold a UK driving licence, have their own vehicle and must be prepared to travel to different sites and to work ecology survey hours.
Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. In addition, CIEEM membership will be paid for by the Company and performance related bonuses are generally paid twice a year.
Apply with CV and covering letter to:
Dr Des Purdy
Hampshire SO51 9BD
or via secure email to: firstname.lastname@example.org