Pro Vision was commissioned to provide a range of ecological services for an innovative zero-carbon Eco-Village near Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Our ecologists were able to provide expert advice during the planning and design stages to ensure that potential ecological issues were highlighted at the earliest opportunity and considered within the design process.
By working closely with architects, urban designers and planners who all shared the objective of creating a flagship, Code 6 scheme, we helped to create a scheme based on clear ecological, socio-economic and cultural values. Ecology elements incorporated were:
- Minimal land disturbance;
- Retained planting and habitats;
- Areas for re-vegetation/native species;
- Green corridors;
- Permeable surfaces/captured run-off;
- A water feature and associated planting for wildlife;
- Connections to nearby wide spaces;
- Botanically biodiverse turf; and
- Native hedgerow planting and enhancement.
Our understanding of the statutory obligations placed upon Local Planning Authorities through wildlife legislation and planning policy ensured compliance with Government Planning Policy, the Good Practice Guide and Government Circulars through tailored ecological advice and pragmatic solutions to ecological issues.